If you have a complaint regarding an organization or individual(s) within the Greek Community there are various options with how to proceed. Situations may be handled by one or more organizations or departments. The Greek Activities Review Panel (GARP) is the judicial body for the Greek Community at the University of Michigan and it handles various kinds of issues within the Greek Community.
The following will direct you appropriately. If you have any questions, you may always contact a staff member in the Office of Greek Life at 734-936-3686 or visit the staff list.
I want to file a complaint regarding a violation of a council’s constitution, bylaws or the Statement for Human Dignity .
I want to appeal a decision from the Social Responsibility Committee (SRC) or GARP.
I have a hazing complaint.
If you feel a person or persons are in immediate danger please call 911.
- Contact the Office of Greek Life to discuss with a staff member (734-936-3686)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will begin a process of investigating the situation. This process is outlined in the Policy Regarding Hazing for the Greek Community.
I want to report an incident of hate, bias, harassment, or discrimination.
- Report an incident through Student Life
- Contact the Office of Greek Life Staff if you have any questions
I have an issue with an individual student within the Greek Community.
- The Office of Student Conflict Resolution handles issues with individual students.
- You may contact a staff member in the Office of Greek Life if you want to discuss (734-936-3686) the issue.
I want to report a violation of Panhellenic Recruitment Rules.
- All reports must be directed to the Panhellenic President - click here
I want to report an issue of student sexual or gender-based misconduct or other form of interpersonal violence.
- The University of Michigan and the Greek Community values civility, dignity, diversity, education, equality, freedom, honesty, and safety, as described in the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities, and is firmly committed to maintaining a campus environment free from sexual assault, sexual and gender-based harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking, retaliation, and violation of interim measures. The University of Michigan Policy & Procedures on Student Sexual & Gender-Based Misconduct & Other Forms of Interpersonal Violence will provide details and information on how to file a complaint. You may also contact a staff member in the Office of Greek Life with questions or concerns (please note that staff members in the Office of Greek Life are mandatory reporters). To access confidential assistance, students may contact a confidential reporting location.
I have a general complaint with a student organization.
The Center for Campus Involvement handles registration of student organizations and violations by student organizations of university student organization policies and organization governing documents. You may contact them with questions regarding student organizations.
If your concern is not addressed above, please contact the Office of Greek Life.